2005 jeep liberty 10 miles to gallon!!

I have a 2005 jeep liberty and recently noticed i have lost allot of gas mileage. down to 200 miles to the tank. My jeep prior to this averaged 350-400 miles to a tank and has drastically dropped. i am an easy driver and easy on the pedal and last changed my oil, air filter and disconnected my Battery which helped out although it has started to drop back down again. My liberty only has around 65000 miles on it and i keep it in tip top shape. what would be the cause of such poor gas mileage? im getting like 10 miles to gallon !!!!!!

Reply to
ksharan83

how old is(are) your O2 sensor(s). The upstream one in dual setups is most often the cause of rich run (low milage). A failing O2 sensor will not set a trouble code.

Just in case it's a sticky injector, throw in a can of STP injector cleaner. I've found it works in the ZJ.

Reply to
DougW

I'll add: is your check engine light on?

Reply to
PeterD

no it hasnt been on in a little bit but it does come on for a while then it goes off

Reply to
ksharan83

I'd guess O2 sensor(s) then. And I would check for a vacuum fitting that came undone too.

Reply to
matt

Are you running a lift kit with larger than stock size tires out of curiosity?

Try this site for KJ specific knowledge:

of the regulars here directed me to it and it is very helpful. Cheers Ry

Reply to
Socks

Have you checked for diagnostic codes yet? You can go to Autozone and they will check the codes for you. Then bring the codes here and watch these guys figure this out. Tomes

"matt"...

Reply to
Tomes

Reply to