2000 Ford F-250 7.3 Diesel

I am a retired mechanic,( 1984), I dont have much experiance with these computerized rigs, or desktops for that matter. My 2000 F-250

7.3 Turbo diesel recently started stalling for no particular reason. If it had a coil, I'd say that was the problem, as it seems to run fine until it warms up, then stalls. It will restart warm, but will only run a short time. I want to change oil and fuel filter, but haven't yet. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.
Reply to
anniejrs

Camshaft position sensor -- which is actually on the crank.

Very easy to change and a very likely culprit.

Don

Don

Thank you Don, I'll check it out John

Reply to
anniejrs

If Dons suggestion doesn't work out, I would then look for air leaks in the fuel system and possibly a faulty injector pump.

I don't know if it's true of the 2000 models, but folks have suggested of the older ones (mine's an '88 with the IDI 7.3L) to pour some cool water over the injector pump to see if that allows it to run for a while longer. If it does, it is probably new pump time.

-TomO

Reply to
TomO

Thanks TomO I've been in Alaska but I'll check it out

Reply to
anniejrs