F-150 Starter Connector corroded, replaced wire - now dead

Hello,

My starter connector wire corroded off. I could touch it to the selonoid on the starter and start the engine. I got a new wire and ran it from the starter relay down to the starter. I disconnected the old one, taped it off and left it in place, not connected to either the starter or the relay.

I got it all back together and nothing, not a light, nor power door lock or anything, DEAD. Now I assume that I may have shorted the batter somehow. I did disconnect the positive terminal before doing anything.

THe Haynes book seems to trace it the mega fuse for the battery, but I can't seem to figure out how to check them. To me it seems like the battery is dead. I tried to jump it, but no juice at all, not a light or anything in my truck when it's being boosted.

I tested the replay for juice with one of those volt tester you can test a wire through it's casing, but nothing from the battery or start relay. I tried to get a arc by holding a screwdriver against both relay posts as well, nothing.

Dead, dead, dead.

Any thoughts from you fine folks out there?

Thanks,

John Hardy

Reply to
johnhardy999

Assuming that your battery is not totally dead ( and you should be able to test this with your test light or v.o.m.), you have probably blown a fuse or fusible link.

Reply to
HLS