1994 f-150 starter eater

I own a 1994 f-150 xlt .... 302 .... it has gone through 6 starters over the last 5 years.... any clues?

Cheap auto parts store starters.

Reply to
JimV

Bad ground...try replacing your ground that goes from the battery to the frame and make sure there isn't a crud/oil build up on the frame. I had the same issue with a Buick; I went through three starters in one year.

Reply to
Advocate

my father-in-law has a 1990 f150 and has gone through about 4 starters. He found the genuine ford ones don't last as long as the cheap chinese one. also with my 1986 f350 between the moulding end that bolts onto the bell housing and the steel centre part where the coils are had a bad connection and wouldn't start. Hitting it with a hammer made it work. I stripped it and cleaned it all and it hasn't failed for a couple of years.

Darren

M wrote:

Reply to
woodee