Fully opening rear windows

If I get inside the rear doors on a 2002 Lesabre is there a way to remove the stop that keeps the windows from opening?

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Don't have to get inside, just cut out the bottom rear area on the door and the quarter panel. The window stops because there isn't room for it to go farther into the door panel.

Reply to
Steve W.

Thanks. And I thought it was a child safety feature.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I like rear windows that go down all the way. Who the heck doesn't? A lot o f them don't because there's a cutout for the rear wheel well on the rear d oors. The front door don't have them. My opinion is that windows that go do wn halfway are lame. They should have put fully functioning windows on this Lesabre but they didn't. Lame! :)

Reply to
dsi1

Rear Window is a 1954 American mystery thriller film directed by Alfred Hitchcock and written by John Michael Hayes based on Cornell Woolrich's

1942 short story "It Had to Be Murder". Originally released by Paramount Pictures, the film stars James Stewart, Grace Kelly, Wendell Corey, Thelma Ritter and Raymond Burr. It was screened at the 1954 Venice Film Festival.
Reply to
Mehr

When cars started being downsized 35 years ago they also downsized the wheelbase to preserve the ratio of overhang, which cut into the rear doors. Windows either had to tilt forward to go down, or roll down only halfway. Now that wheelbases are longer relative to overall length, plus rising door sills and gun slit windows, all windows are rolling down all the way on more cars again - the way it should be.

Pushing wheels out toward corners of cars, where they belong, also benefits ride and handling.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

I can remember in the 60's I said I wanted wheels out further toward the corners and I was told that was an evil idea and I was a bad person for suggesting it, even moreso for the "front tires as bumper" we see on the new batmobile.

More of the same and worse for wanting vans to have a sliding door on both sides.

Reply to
synthius2002
12:53 snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote: "I can remember in the 60's I said I wanted wheels out further toward the corners and I was told that was an evil idea and I was a bad person for suggesting it, even moreso for the "front tires as bumper" we see on the new "

Whomever told you that would sure have loved how the wheels to the corner handled! Less like a wobbly table and more like a car.

Reply to
thekmanrocks