How to Free - Up Electric Locks

Hi All

The electric locks on my 1995 Cutlass Supreme (same design also sold the Buick Regal and Pontiac Grand Prix nameplates)are sticking. The solenoid engages, but there is too much friction for the lock to move.

Have any of you experienced this problem with these cars, and if so, what did you do? I'm trying to determine whether the solenoid has weakened or the lock linkage in the door need lubrication. If you've run across this problem and solved it please share any advice you can.

Thanks

Reply to
KC

Some GMs from '95 (and maybe other years) had problems with the rubber bumper on the end of the actuator arm ripping, this would cause them not to engage the mechanism properly, so you would hear the actuator work but the lock wouldn't move much or at all.

Reply to
Robert Hancock

Just went through almost exactly the same problem on three doors of a

1989 DeVille -- I just p> Hi All
Reply to
B. B0dnar

What did you use for a lube? WD 40?