Washed Motor Problems Cont.

Hello again. I sent a post out Sunday about how I washed my motor in my 1990 Jetta GL

1.8 . Monday I traced it down, at least I though, to the temp sensor for the fuel injection. For the past few months it has started fine but just as it warms up (30 sec to a minute or so) it stumbles and after a few pumps of the gas it will be fine. Sunday as I was checking out the systems, with the car runniung, badly I might add, I pulled off the wire to the coollent trmp sensor and the motor started running fine. With the sensor pluged back up it again started running bad. Also it seemed to be running very rich as you could smell a strong gas odor from the tail pipe. I replaced the sensor and all seemed well yesterday, run good at all temps, but this morning after running about 5 miles and cutting it off to go into a store, when I started it back up it started running bad again. Missing, no power, won't take gas. Got it back to the house and after pulling off the plug it smoothed back out. Doesn't run to bad with the plug to the temp sensor unpluged, does smoke more but at speed it is alittle slugish. Any ideas out there? Seems funny that this all started when I washed the motor. The car has 145,050 miles on it but up intill this run fine. Thanks for any help.
Reply to
rpbbills

[...]

the *BLUE* temp sensor? that's teh one for the ECU, when you unplug it you're running open loop. I'd suspect a fault somewhere in the 02 sensor or associated wiring.

nate

Reply to
Nathan Nagel