What does the EHSR mean for my alternator bearing rebuild

I'm planning on rebuilding my Bosch 120 amp alternator. One of the two bearings is a 6304 EHSR 2RS1 c3 - 17x52x17mm

I know the 2RS means two rubber shields. And the 6304 is the size. While the C3 is the radial clearance.

But what does the EHSR indicate?

Reply to
Misha

I don't think you *can* rebuild an alternator. You have to buy either a new one or one that is professionaly rebuilt. If you rebuilt it it will brake within months.

plus its probabley illegal anyway without a license

Reply to
Mirfred Zhangheles

Extra Hard Spherical Rollers?

I would ask Bosch, not Usenet. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Depending on the year it may not be re-buildable by someone without very specific tools. Many newer units use spot welded connections that are made during the build process. Even something that should be simple (like replacing the brushes/bearings) becomes impossible for the average DIYer.

Reply to
Steve W.

Generally, only hybrid and fully electric vehicles use electrical generation as a brake. ;)

In what country?

Reply to
T0m $herman

Russia.

Reply to
Mirfred Zhangheles

You're asking a technical question on rec.autos.tech? Don't hold your breath for an answer!

Reply to
Zajac

I wish I could help you but this ng is mostly kids talking about gas mileage and not automotive tech speak.

Reply to
Jordan