'02 Sienna w/ stuck key and spongy brake pedal

My wife called me while I'm at work to report that the ignition key is stuck in the ignition, and the brake pedal sank to the floor. I

*think* it was able to shift back into Park, but I'm not certain.

Did a little bit of research, and when I get home I'm hoping to do a combination of gently jiggling the key out of the ignition, and disconnecting the battery just in case it's a solenoid problem of some sort. What would cause the brake pedal to sink to the floor, though, assuming there's no puddle of brake fluid on the ground? (Brakes were working perfectly last night.)

Thanks!

Michael

Reply to
Michael

False alarm - it was in Reverse not Park. Brake is fine too. Key came out after I put it in Park.

Reply to
Michael

My wife is the same way. Nice to know nothing is wrong with the car.

False alarm - it was in Reverse not Park. Brake is fine too. Key came out after I put it in Park.

Reply to
uncle_vito

It is a bit spooky to know there might be problems with the wife, though.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Oh man that response made me giggle like a little kid. Thanks! XD

Reply to
Michael