99 corolla wipers

I have a problem with my wipers. I don?t know if its the motor that is not strong enough or something else but everytime I start my wipers once they reach the bottom, they don?t come up again. When I give a little tap, they come back up again.

When stopped, I am able to move them up 1/4 of their original position.

What is the problem.

Reply to
mattso

Make sure that there is no ice built up in the wiper are transmission area, and make sure that the nuts that hold the wiper arm to the splined shafts are tight and the splines are not stripped.

Check the electrical connection to the wiper motor.

When stopped, it is normal to be able to pull them up a little ways to make cleaning the windshield under where the wipers park easier.

Reply to
Ray O