Camry Moonroof - UV Protection?

Does anyone know if the moonroof of a 2006 Camry has UVA and UVB Sun protection? The dealers here didn't know for sure. They said it was "dark" but "dark" doesn't block UVA & UVB.

Thanks All

Reply to
Wayne

I thought all windows blocked ultra violet light. You can't get a suntan sitting in a car, AFAIK.

Or is that not exactly what UVA and UVB are?

Reply to
st-bum

"st-bum" wrote in news:1137718126.656687.272540 @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

UVA & UVB are the harmful rays that can cause cancer. I may be wrong but I thought you can still get a suntan and even a sunburn without UV rays.

Reply to
Wayne

UV doesn't pass through glass.

Reply to
Knotty

Wrong! UVA passes through regular glass quite nicely as does IR. Plastics like polycarbonate on the other hand block below 400 nm

Reply to
Ron Jones

"Ron Jones" wrote in news:NU7Af.27523$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com:

That is correct! UV sails through glass unless you have a special UV protection on the glass. Even dark sunglass don't block UV unless you have the coating. My initial question was wondering if the moonroof glass has that coating and protection?

Thanks

Reply to
Wayne

If the glass or marketing material does not specifically say that the glass will block UV, then it probably does not. If it did block UV, you can bet that the marketing people and the glass would take advantage of the UV blocking ability. The glass will have marking on one of the corners.

Reply to
Ray O

The roof will have the SAME UV protection as offered by the windows.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

WHATEVER. The window in the roof will have the SAME UV protection as the rest of the windows.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland