Off-Topic: Kennedy has a malignant tumor!

I thought you guys would be interested in this, since there's a big thread going on regarding his health, here.

That's quite serious.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

That's terrible.

I ain't making no jokes...

The parietal lobes can be divided into two functional regions. One involves sensation and perception and the other is concerned with integrating sensory input, primarily with the visual system. The first function integrates sensory information to form a single perception (cognition). The second function constructs a spatial coordinate system to represent the world around us. Individuals with damage to the parietal lobes often show striking deficits, such as abnormalities in body image and spatial relations (Kandel, Schwartz & Jessel, 1991).

Damage to the left parietal lobe can result in what is called "Gerstmann's Syndrome." It includes right-left confusion, difficulty with writing (agraphia) and difficulty with mathematics (acalculia). It can also produce disorders of language (aphasia) and the inability to perceive objects normally (agnosia).

hach

Yes, my aunt just died of that two weeks ago. I had to go to Canada for the funeral.

Reply to
badgolferman

Anybody know what causes brain tumors? Head injury maybe, I don't know but would like to.

Reply to
dbu

You're kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

shame.... i wish him well.... even though i disagree with him as a politician... clearly it has affected him physically...

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

No I'm not. Are you a doctor too?

Reply to
dbu

My disbelief referred to the fact that you were too lazy or stupid to type "what causes brain tumors" into a google search box, and look at any of the first dozen results.

That is pathetic.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

As far as I know, it's like any other cancer; having a family history of cancer is a big factor with any of them. I think Ted's son had bone cancer, and had a leg removed.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Hah hah, joe can't answer the question..... , again. Duhhhhhahh, don't you think I've done that before, of course I have, two years ago when my cousin died of a brain tumor, but I got no definitive answer. So I ask the question again hoping someone may have insight, perhaps more than I've been able to find on the internet and ..... and in books joe, books, yes. But what to my disbelief after asking an honest question, I get a smart assed answer from a twit, a joe twit to be exact.

From now on, your name will be joe twit.

Reply to
dbu

What about head injury? Could that have been a factor for Kennedy? I'm thinking of his car crash or airplane accident. I realize that cells divide and sometimes they get going too fast and deform into cancer, but something has to trigger it and of course a family history is a factor for some cancer, but not all.

Reply to
dbu

You are correct. I can't answer the question. Nobody can definitively answer the question yet. If someone knew exactly what caused all brain tumors, they'd be famous and nobody would have brain tumors.

Now, go read all the possible theories, and don't expect anyone in a newsgroup to do your research for you.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I've already read them joe twit. Now go about your smoke and mirror tap dancing.

Reply to
dbu

"dbu"

I haven't heard of any readily-explainable cancers, except cervical and lung. But don't take my word as gospel.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Then why did you ask? There are no doctors or cancer researchers in this newsgroup that I'm aware of.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Breast cancer, due to H(R)T is one. Also endometrial/uterine, but I don't think estrogen-only therapy is prescribed any longer if a uterus is present.

Cathy

But don't take my word as gospel.

Reply to
Cathy F.

"JoeSpareBedroom" "Wickeddoll®" ...

What? I didn't ask anything.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

"Cathy F." ...

HRT-related cancer is not nearly as relevant now, as in the past. The dosage is so light it's ineffectual.

HRT is still recommended, but because of media hype over *old* HRT, women are afraid to use it. What do I mean by that?

Study: 5,000 women are placed on HRT; 5,000 are placed on a placebo.

One in 3 of the women get cancer on HRT. One in 3.5 get it with the placebo.

The media reports the 1:3, but not that the placebo is nearly exactly the same.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I wish they could find a magic bullet to cure all cancer.

Reply to
dbu

You must be referring to me.

Because I always look for new direction. There might be people reading this that do have an insight or new information that I've not come upon. it's always good to discuss this subject with other people. Perhaps not the proper NG for it, but what the hell, one never knows what will turn up.

As for you, joe twit you should stick to your main subject.

Reply to
dbu