OT Calling tech support in foreign country cause for wire tap

Hey rightwingnut geniuses - If you call tech support that is located in a foreign country you can be wiretapped. When telemarketers call from off-shore sites you can be wiretapped.

Despots always get to all citizens.

Reply to
Fartus Ignitus

I wouldn't mind if the government used its new wiretapping power for a good, like kill any tech support person who tells me to reboot my computer or reinstall the software.

Reply to
manny

"Sir, I will now ask you to verify that the electrical connection at the wall is plugged in..."

Reply to
qslim

Followed by "I can tell. There's a power failure and I can' see the plug."

Tech's response: "Sir, you have to pack the computer up and return. When they ask what is the problem, tell them at you are too stupid to own a computer."

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Which is the "any" key....

Reply to
Art

Hey, q, did you see the post where I said I worked Tech Support for a manufacturer of engraving machines?

They told me this was the first question to ask...I said, "Nah!"

Yup...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Telesales agent getting the customer's credit card info: Agent: Can I have your expiration date, sir? Customer: My what?!!

Agent trying to create urgency over the available promotion: Agent: Are you sure you don't want to take advantage of me? Customer: Say, what?

Agent asking the customer to be put on hold: Tech Agent: Sir, Can I hold you for just a minute? Customer: Sure, baby, go ahead!

Tech Support: Okay, Bob, just type P on your keyboard? Customer: What? Could you repeat that? Tech Support: 'P' on your keyboard, Bob. Customer: No way. I'm not going to do that.

Reply to
EdV