{OT:} Gasoline in my area

Very competitive market. Some corners have 3 gas stations.

Most gas selling for $3.09/Gal unleaded regular.

Except Exxon/Mobil. They're selling $3.14-$3.15/Gal unleaded Reg.

Hmmm...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Just got back from Washington/Oregon. Washington was around 3.40/gal, but Oregon was around 3.50/gal! Before the trip I thought So. Cal. must be the some of the highest, but apparently not.

Reply to
Truckdude

Pride in Feeding Hills 2.96 but only after having it at 3.05 forcing Sunoco to raise it's price to 3.05

Reply to
mark digital©

LOL! Price Pressure in reverse!

But they'd better be careful, they could be accused of gouging!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I've been inside Sunoco getting a few things while the manager was contemplating a price change. It appears the stations do watch each other closely but also Sunoco feels their gasoline quality justifies keeping it's price higher. I was surprised just how far away from each other they keep tabs. There's a Texaco station I've tried to keep buying from because the 'ol gent pumping the gas is super courteous and also the price is cheaper. He's in competition with a Cumberland Farms station right across the street.

By the way, we were up in your area recently for my son's graduation from Smith College. It never ceases to amaze me how academia pats itself on the back on how intelligent they are (it comes so close to ass kissing it's sickening). But they have no common sense when it comes to providing toilets for thousands of people who need more than one bathroom. Not one Porta-Potty in sight. And parking was atrocious too.

Reply to
mark digital©

"mark_digital©" >>>

A Wal-Mart in our area is selling gas at 2.97 a gallon, so of course it's packed. But what are you putting in your car? I don't put just any gas in mine.

Natalie

*snipping the rest*
Reply to
Wickeddoll

Why would one expect people like that to provide a Porta-Potty for those of the 'lower class?' They would be not caught dead using a Porta-Potty LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

A Cumberland Farms is the WORST place to be competing with! They own Gulf (bought it back in the 80's or early 90's) so they supply their own gas to their own stations. Up here, there's one street with about a dozen gas stations, and from one end to the other they watch the CF right in the middle. And the CF will go lower, and lower, and lower until all the others match them, and then go a few more cents lower and stay there.

Of course, when they go up, it's like getting off an inflatable chair. They all go up in unison.

Amherst is NOT a good place this time of the year. I was going to go down to my favorite store this afternoon (the Sally Army on rt 9), but common sense got the best of me...

And now I know where all your money was going! (um, wait...let's see what's wrong with this picture...)

Your SON'S graduation from *WHAT* College?!?!?!?!

I kept applying there, and they kept turning me down... ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

I think they like to see us fidget besides when paying tuition.

Reply to
mark digital©

Yeah, I know. Girls college. Not anymore.

Reply to
mark digital©

Nor is Kirkland (merged w/Hamilton), nor is Skidmore, nor is Vassar, nor is... Nor is Marist men's...

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

WHAT?!?!?!?! When did this happen?!?!?!

Reply to
Hachiroku

All this time I though buyers were buying those midget cars to get good fuel mileage? I do that good with a car with a V6 and one around three less with my 300 HP V8 car, curious.

mike

What kind of mileage are you getting with your tC? I have been "taking it easy" for a couple of weeks and have averaged 27.8 mpg on the last two tankfuls. I'm usually around 26.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

That's about what I've been doing.

I was hoping this car would be >30, but I would wager that because of the tall gearing it won't.

I'd seriously like to replace the final drive...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

0-60 time of 7.9 seconds, .1 second more than an 88 Turbo Supra.

Sounds good to me!

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

I guess my Air Force son made the right choice in going with a stick Corolla S.

He is getting over 40....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Hachi,

When I think of "tall" gearing, I think of my current 95 Corolla with the 3 speed. It recommends shifting at 17 in 1, 32 in 2. The 3 ratios seem to be similar to the 4-speed I had in my 93. But the recommended shift points were 15, 30, and 45. It supposedly has 102 hp, vs 115 for the 93, but the

93 got seriously better mileage. When I was driving it downstate, I got 39 mpg out of the 93. The other day driving downstate, I only got 31 out of the 95.

Too bad I can't drop a 4-speed with the 93 ratio into the 95.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

SHUT UP!!!!! ;)

No, just kidding. I do like the 0-60 time of 7.9 sec, though!

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B