Source for 1988 Supra Parts??

I need some parts for my 1988 Toyota Supra. Specifically, the trim on the driver and passenger doors. Does anyone happen to know of someplace to get them?

I've done some searching online but with little success.

Reply to
John van der Pflum

What color? E-Bay has some bits, but they are becoming scarce and expensive.

Try finding a whole car locally and stripping what you need.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Color is bluish silver.

I've poked around on Ebay and haven't been able to find them.

I'll check around the local junk yards..... I was hoping for an easier way but looks like I'll have to hit the pavement.

Reply to
John van der Pflum

Every, ahem, "automobile salvage yard" in the country is hooked up to every other one by computer. So, your pool of donor vehicles is nationwide.

Be nice. The man or woman behind the counter will bend over backwards to help you if you're pleasant, and wouldn't lift a finger to save your life if you aren't. Probably true anywhere, but even more so in a junkyard. (Kind of like the DMV)

Reply to
Smitty Two

Like smitty says:

Look here.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I'm the owner of two classic Toyotas, an '88 Corolla and a '95 Camry. The best source I've found for new factory parts is

is a Toyota dealership in Indianapolis; very quick service,decent web site and low prices (for NEW, FACTORY parts). For used parts the other replies are spot on, make friends with a local salvage yard that is hooked in to the nationwide parts search network.

HTH, Dave

Reply to
Dave

Yeah, but Supra parts are getting scarcer and scarcer. Try to find a *NEW* fuel filler neck (And if you do, LET ME KNOW!!!!)

It's getting harder and harder to get parts from a dealer, and that is putting pressure on the price of the remaining cars. I could have bought an '88 Supra just like mine on EBay 2 years ago for $600, in running (pretty nice body wise) condition; that same car with a blown engine now goes for $1200!

Reply to
Hachiroku

You've been fighting with this for a while... Where do they rust out, and how do they attach to the tank?

If it's a hose slip connection to the tank, you could have someone fabricate a new fuel filler neck for it - bend a chunk of 1-1/2" or 2" mild steel tubing (think EMT or tailpipe) to the right curves, and then weld the stub of the gas cap fitting to the top, and weld the brackets on.

A flange connection makes it a bit harder, then you have to fab the flange. Send it out for galvanizing or powder coat when you're done.

If it's rusting in the steel tubing past the gas cap area, take the old filler and cut off the rusted end, have the hose bead rolled into it with a tailpipe expander, and get a longer chunk of straight fuel filler hose. Gates and Dayco sell it by the foot.

Or two chunks of rubber hose, and a chunk of bent steel tubing to match the severe bend of the old filler where it rusted.

Yanno, if there's enough demand you might get Toyota to make a new batch of filler necks. But you'd need to show there is a demand, present them with a list of say 100 Supra owners who want to order one IF they were available...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman