Water on Drivers Floor

For some reason I'm getting wetness on drivers floor. No I'm not incontinent..And it hasn't been raining. I did recently have the windshield replaced and thought it was due to improper install.

I had another put in and that didn't change the situation. Could it be something else??

Reply to
Charles Pisano

For some reason I'm getting wetness on drivers floor. No I'm not incontinent..And it hasn't been raining. I did recently have the windshield replaced and thought it was due to improper install.=20

I had another put in and that didn't change the situation. Could it be something else??=20

I would guess something to do with the A/C, but I don't really know = crap. Hopefully Ray comes along soon.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

I had another put in and that didn't change the situation. Could it be something else??

**************** I don't remember what kind of car you have, but there are a few possibilities:

Since it happens even though it is has not been raining, the AC evaporator drain tube may not be routed through the opening in the floor or it may be clogged. The evaporator drain tube is usually on the passenger side behind the carpet under the dash. If the tube is pulled out of the hole in the floor, it will drain on the floor and get the carpet wet. Since the wetness seems to be on the driver's side, I'd also check for a blockage in the tube by poking a wire up from underneath the car. If the drain tube is clogged, you may have had critters build a nest in the blower motor and the debris from the nest got into the tube.

If your car has a sunroof, the sunroof drain tube on the driver's side may be blocked or mis-routed. Open the sunroof and look for a drain hole in the front corners of the sunroof opening near the windshield pillars. If you slowly pour water down the holes, it should drain under the car. If it does not, check to make sure the tubes come out under the car. To be honest, this is not a high likelihood since it hasn't been raining.

Another possibility is that the drain holes in the bottom of the door are partially blocked and so water drains into the car instead of outside. Open the door and from underneath, look for small holes in the bottom of the door and poke a wire through the holes.

Reply to
Ray O
************************ The likelihood that you will get a proper diagnosis and repair will go up exponentially if you describe the correct symptoms and conditions under which the symptoms appear. ;-) ************************

This didn't happen in Florida, but then again I park under a huge tree there and it hasn't rained alot there lately..

************************ I am certainly not a meterologist, but wouldn't Ernesto bring a lot of rain? ************************

I will check the sunroof drain .. New home has a 2 car garage, but I'm not a believer in parking a car in an attached garage (kinda like parking it in the house?) But I'm doing it till I get is figured out... CP

************************ Also try parking with the front of the car facing downhill and see if the water problem goes away. If it does, check to make sure all firewall grommets are in place and that the cowl drains properly.
Reply to
Ray O

Thanks for responding Ray. My car is parked on a down slope now and the problem remains.

I'm not in Florida right now (TG) but eventually I've got to go back to work..

I get a pretty good puddle on the driver side closer to the firewall than to the seat. I guess I have to run a hose over it. Passenger side is dry as a desert.. go figure..

CP

Reply to
Charles Pisano

By any chance, do you have any aftermarket electronics like a security system, remote starter, radio, etc. installed? If so, check the grommet where any wires are passed from the passenger compartment to the engine compartment.

Reply to
Ray O

No ..none of those. I did take the wind deflector off of the sunroof temporarily for a diff. look and because it really didn't increase any buffeting when I did. But I can't imagine that would do it..?

It must be firewall related 'cause it is wetest closer to there. Windshied guy is coming to redo it again. Not costing me anything, but I doubt that is it, just wishing..

CP

Reply to
Charles Pisano

I doubt if removing the wind deflector is causing the leak. If that were the case, the seat would also be wet.

If the driver's door drains are OK, then I would suspect the windshield.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks. Is there a specific way I should inspect the driver door drains..? CP

Reply to
Charles Pisano

"Charles Pisano" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3273.bay.webtv.net...

Dear CP,

first sory for my english, I'm from Germany.

The drains are the buttom of the door, 2 or 3 little holes (drillings). Take a wire and test if they are free, and that nothing stuck into them.

EB

Reply to
Elias

Open the door and look for small holes visible from the inside at the bottom of the door. Stick a wire in the holes to make sure they are not clogged.

Reply to
Ray O