water pump change

The water pump on my 01 camry 2.2 is making alot of noise(rattling and tapping) when the engine is under 2500 rpm. I pretty much figured out that the pulley is loose and I need to replace the pump. Does anyone know if I need to pull the engine foward to replace the pump? As you well know, the pump is down in a very tight space. Or can I just take the front passenger tire off and be able to get to it from there? Thanks

Reply to
squalid23

No, you don't need to move the engine. Take the timing belt off, and you will see how it comes out. Its real easy.

Qslim