1990 Toyota Camry V6 throttle position sensor and speedometer problem

1990 camry v6 150k miles, recently i was driving my car and then all of a sudden the RPM's shoot up and my speedometer stopped working too. i thought it was the throttle position sensor that messed up. i replaced it and car ran great for a bit and then the same problem. any ideas, anyone?
Reply to
SalviNgr