Body repair camry 96

Hello,

I got camry 96 LE 4 cyc. . It has got some rust spots at the tip of the hood and some rust just above the right rear wheel . I live in detroit. I was wondering that did somebody try to get rid of rust or get some body work done? If yes than much it cost and whats the procedure. I just want toi collect some info. before I go the body shop guy. Please advice! John

Reply to
john

I think this can vary widely, maybe due to environmental/labor issues.

I have a couple of small dings in my 03. They charge by "panels" or sections that need to be painted. And then they usually like to "blend" the paint for adjacent sections.

As explained to me by more than one shop, its the paint that costs the bucks....Filling the spots is no big deal. Anyway, for minor repairs to two separate panels, no paint blending, Hit about $1,800 to $2,200 at the mainstream shops.

I was able to find a small shop that did it for $890, and it looked fine after, but man, it is still pricey. Just to fill and paint minor

-- very minor scrapes in my Cam. front bumper was $480.....

Can you san and prime yourself and get some touch-up paint....Won't be perfect, but you could probably get out for less than $40.

Reply to
timbirr