Re: Toyota Throttle Electronics Easily Confused

>> The floor mats and sticking pedal accounts for only 30% of the >> problems. The true cause of sudden acceleration is still not known so >> no real solution is possible. IMO it's the electronics. >> >> "In earlier testimony, David Gilbert, a Southern Illinois University >> professor, tells the panel he was able to produce in a lab environment >> a sudden-acceleration incident using a Toyota vehicle, in essence by >> introducing a short between two circuits. > > Consider who is paying for this research....Trail Lawyers! > > This is eerily like the Audi 5000 frenzy. When 60 minutes did their > hatchet job on the 5000, they produced an "expert" who "proved" that the > 5000's automatic transmission could force a kick down of the accelerator > pedal, resulting in sudden acceleration. Good old Ed Bradly presented this > as some sort of scientific proof. Only later did we learn (and not from > CBS) that the expert added an extra hydraulic pump and external piping to > demonstarte this "failure" mode. > > There may or may not be an actual problem with the Toyota electronics. But > an "expert" that creates shorts to "prove" there is a problem is not the > sort of expert I trust. > > Ed >

I see no indication that any expert claims to have proven anything. Maybe you're interpreting something differently than I am. Please highlight the words you read and surround them with five asterisks on either end of the phrase, *****like this*****.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

@news.eternal-september.org...

.

"Prove" was probably to strong a word. I suppose I should have said "an expert that creates wildly unlikely shorts to demonstartes how the electronics could casue the problem is not the sort of expert I trust."

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

"Prove" was probably to strong a word. I suppose I should have said "an expert that creates wildly unlikely shorts to demonstartes how the electronics could casue the problem is not the sort of expert I trust."

Luckily, your profession doesn't involve any form of science or technology.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

messagenews:hm6346$ukt$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org...

yeah, you just trust money. shill money.

Reply to
jim beam