Your being way too nice.

If it's using twice the oil it was before you have a problem now...and both the dealer and the oil change shop know it ... for the same reason race car owners don't like to run the same engine twice without rebuilding it ... wear ... heat + friction = wear their mistake has put you in the same position ... pay now and know what ya got or chance it and pay more when contiuing to use it causes even more damage ..racers do it because it's cheaper than the race it'll cost them or the block they'll destroy.. the lub shop should do it to protect their reputation, and ulimately their income ... your being way too nice.

Reply to
John Hunter

I spoke to a lawyer friend Thursday during lunch about this one. The OP might have a hard time proving this case, and if he did, any reward might be much less than he could expect.

I wish him or her well, but dont assume just because you are probably in the right that you will persevere,and even if you do your compensation may not be what you want.

If one can resolve it with the shop owner without going to court, it might be the best course of action.

Reply to
hls