07 Tacoma

How do I turn out the "maint reqd" light after changing oil at 5000 mi????

Reply to
Jack Sloan

Read the manual?

Make sure the odometer is on trip a. Turn truck off. Press and hold the odometer reset button while you switch the ignition to on (but don't start the truck). Watch the odometer display - bars will appear and then count down by disappearing. When they are gone, you are reset.

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

Thanks for the quick response, Ed. How long does this process take ? I have done the following:

1 Made sure it was on trip A 2 pressed and held the odometer reset buttom (for as long as 45 seconds) 3 inserted the key and turned the ignition to on without starting 4 nothing happened

What am I doing wrong?

Reply to
Jack Sloan

you have to hold the button in when turning the key.. then you will see dash marks go across the trip odometer.. keep holding the button in untill the dashes make it all the way across..

troy

Reply to
Troy

Thanks, I figured it out...I had to set the odometer to "odometer" not one of the trip settings.

Reply to
Jack Sloan

Read the manual.

Press and hold the Odometer button while setting the Ignition to ON.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Press and hold the Odometer button WHILE setting the Ignition to ON.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Thanks . I was doing just that...However I had the odometer set to the trip a setting and then the trip b setting...It only works in the "odometer " setting on my truck.

Reply to
Jack Sloan

Right.

Trip A is wrong.

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

Sorry about the tip a thing - my mistake.

Reply to
Ed White

Well it took a couple of shots for me to get it done the first time. In that reagard I drove for a while after I had done the oil change before I reset. So does the "timing" device go back to some set interval on the odometer, or a set number of miles from the last reset?

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

Mine "soft" trips at each 4500 mile interval from zero. At each

5000, it locks in steady.
Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

Reply to