Maint reqd already?

My 05 Taco 2.7 5sp ext cab Maint reqd lite just came on yesterday while driving to work at ~60 mph. I disconected the Battery waited 1hr reconnected. NG still on. Any buttons to get code any ideas this thing has only 5k miles. It runs great and gave no signs of trouble when the stupid lite appeared ARRRGGGG. I just $800 and 5 trips to the shop to get a 97 mixima lite fixed. NJ is Stupid about OBD failures

Kevin T

Reply to
kgt

It's not an OBD failure. The truck is reminding you to change the oil.

Had you read the manual, you would have been providing with the following valuable info:

1.) What the light means. 2.) How to reset it.

Have fun reprogramming the radio.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

a TACO should be eaten

Reply to
I'm Right

oil change maybe...

manual tells about the intervals...

Reply to
Steve

That's why they're called Idiot lights.

Reply to
Toytruck

Thanks for the useful if sarcastic info. You're right I should have done more homework. I will now return to my cave to contemplate my penance :) Kevin T

Reply to
kgt

Enjoy the truck!

Reprogramming the clock and radio is penance enough. You are now absolved.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

That light tells you that you need to change your oil and perform the rest of the NORMAL 5k service.

Perform the service, then press and hold the trip-mileage reset button, turn the key on, wait a few minutes, turn the key off, and it will reset.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer