06 Camry How to turn off "Maint Req'd" light

I have a 2006 Camry LE and just turned over 5000 miles and the "MAINT REQD" Light on the dash is on. How can I turn it off? Jack

Reply to
jackc52

It's in the owners manual

Reply to
NickySantoro

turn the key off. Press and hold the trip reset button. turn the key on to just before the start position. Five dashes will appear on the dasj counting down from 5 dashes to 4 to 3 and so on....once the final dash has gone out five zeros will appear then the mileage....release the trip reset button, start the car, and the light is reset. Change the oil if you havent alreay.

Reply to
justinm930

Wow, neat! Is there a way to convince the car to give up the OBD-II codes too by a variation on this technique?

When did this "feature" first show up in the Camrys?

Reply to
onehappymadman

I think 2002

Reply to
justinm930

Don't think so. My 02 Camry made in Japan in Dec.01, has 7k total miles and I have never seen any maint. light. =AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC= =AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC

Reply to
W.T. MC GLYNN