2004 4runner where to connect driving light switch for piaa lights

hey guys i just installed a new set of piaa 6252 driving lights on my o4

4runner wired everything up and they work great and are very powerful driving lights the problem is i tapped into the highbeam fuse with a fuse tap on one of the 10 amp highbeam fuses but when i turn the highbeams to low beam they stay on i guess this fuse stays hot so this is not the place to connect the power switch to can anyone tell me on the 04 where to connect the switchwire to so they go off when i go to lowbeam maybe splice into a highbeam wire ,which one? help ??thanks rick
Reply to
skinnyrick

First, you need to be introduced to the wonders of proper sentence structure - that was almost painful to read through. Capitalize the start and proper names, break up run-on sentences, etc. ;-)

(Could be worse, I suppose - WebTV...) ;-)

You need to tap the high-beam circuit for the driving light relay control power after the high beam relay. It's usually in the relay center under the hood - have someone flip the switch while you search for the clicking sound.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Not sure how the '04s are wired, but on my '85, the headlights are wired using a "switched-ground" setup. That is, the high and low beam bulbs get power all the time, but only one or the other is grounded to light the respective bulb. This information was shown in the Factory Service Manual wiring diagram.

Reply to
Roger Brown

=A0=A0=A0=A0

Ahem.... I agreed.

=96 =96 (I have a doctor's note to use Webtv)

Reply to
TelePuterer

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 16:03:27 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (TelePuterer) found these unused words floating about:

Would that have been a 'see' note?

Reply to
J. A. Mc.

hey guys thanks for all the info on wiring my lights and by the way i thought this forum was a place to give advice not a place to talk about my english or writing skills.p.s. no hard feelings:)

Reply to
skinnyrick