Slipping Clutch 91 2x4 22re Pickup

Hi I just bought a 91 pickup with 121k miles. The clutch disengages pretty high on the pedal and slips a little going up hill in 3rd gear. I saw on another post here that air in the clutch line could be the cause of clutch slipping. It said to bleed the slave cyinder. Looking for opinions on trying that, or if that is not a possible fix.

Reply to
issjoe

Adjust the throw on the slave cylynder. You can lengthen or shorten the slave rod to get max out of the clutch. Ive just done mine to get a differnet feel from mine (No engages half way instead of an inch from the floor.)

Reply to
Scotty

Air in the clutch line would cause the clutch to not disengage all the way. If the clutch is slipping under load it is most likely worn out and needs to be replaced.

Reply to
Mike

I THINK you need to replace the clutch at this point.

While I (me, personally) can easily wring well in excess of 150,000 miles from a clutch, I know lots of people that can destroy a clutch in well below

100,000 miles. It occurs to me that you bought a truck from somebody that lies somewhere in between these examples.

Get the clutch replaced and don't look back.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

What the man said. (198K on original Taco clutch)

Reply to
Mike Harris