Slipping Clutch

I have a 99 Impreza wagon, 2.2 Litre, 125,000km

When accelerating in 4th or 5th, revs jump up, but car doesn't increase in speed. I assume that the clutch is slipping. Is there an adjustment available on the clutch, to get more use out if it(It is not hydraulic). What is the approx cost to get the clutch replaced.

Reply to
Gerald S.

I had this probleme on a 1988 RX turbo The problem was that the pressure plate springs were too soft. The clutch itself was not worn but without the springs it was useless. I had the clutch changed anyway

There are no mechanical ajustement for the clutch. Once you release the clutch pedal, it will deliver 100% pressure without anything holding it back.

As far as replacing the clutch, I had it performed by an independant garage, costed me 5 hours of work, The clutch itself was free, I was able to get the part free of charge since I had just purchased the car used a few month back

Charles Leblanc

2000 Impreza wagon 2.2L man 135000km
Reply to
Charlez