1971 Westy 1600 Bosh generator - Dual Battery Question

Can anyone tell me if I am going to run into issues with trying to charge a Deep Cycle marine battery with 1971 Westy (Stock Generator 38 Amps I think)? I am going to set up a dual battery with relay and don't wanna blow up my Boesch at is looks like they are hard to replace.

Thank in advance,

Roger

1971 VW Westy Denver, Colorado
Reply to
Roger

Weeeeeell...the Gen regulator does provide current limiting which *should* protect the Gen.

The guys with loads of experience at this are the Brits. Great forum here:

a search for: "Leisure Battery" or "Dual Battery".

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Jim,

Thanks Again... I wish I lived near you so I could buy you beer and pick your brain.

Roger

Reply to
Roger

Reply to
Speedy Jim

I think someone tried something similar to that with Albert Einstein and didn't work

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu