auto stick?

I,m working on a 73 auto stick and looking to converse with some one who is driving one. I have a couple of questions . I tried posting on the auto stick web site with no response . E-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@cogeco.ca

Reply to
LeRoy

ask away, myself and a couple others here have autostick experience...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Please do, I'm all pins and needles.

Reply to
DogDiesel

Thank you for the reply. I have been very sick, come down with C.O.P.D. and just getting back into the garage working on my 73 auto stick convertible . Finishing up plumbing the engine with wiring and vacuum hoses . This car was a basket case when i started 3 years ago . I have installed a complete wiring harness, 75 wood grain dash and rebuild the engine . Body work done and new interior yet to go in . The engine has not been started since the rebuild . See jpeg of the engine . Can anyone tell me if the transmission vacuum control aolenoid is auppose to give a "clicking" sound when the ignition switch is turned on ? My vacuum advance has two ports or places where vacucm hoses attach to where on the carburetor go they go ? If look at the picture of my engine you can see a vacuum port on my csrb. is blocked off. Is that where the rear vacuum hose is suppose to attach to from the vacuum advance ?

Reply to
LeRoy

I tried posting pictures but they would not go ? Joey will you send me your e-mail address and i will try sending them direct to you and may be able to post them ?

Reply to
LeRoy

garage working

give a "clicking"

on the carburetor

blocked off.

For the carb vacuum, see:

That distrib timing is set at 5 deg *After* TDC and you need a strobe timing light.

The solenoid valve should click when key is turned if the shift lever is lightly pressed. This allows full vacuum to flow to the diaphragm which operates the clutch.

Strongly suggest investing in either the Haynes or Bentley manual.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Thanks for the reply Jim .

Reply to
LeRoy

Leroy... sorry for the delayed reply, and I see Speedy Jim is on top of things as usual... As Jim said, the solenoid will click if the connector in the (two piece) shifter is making contact.... I agree on getting a manual, and also feel free to ask here as well... but you can't beat the book for quick answers and good pictures...

if you want to post pictures or video, you need to host them on an internet site and just post a link here, this is a text only group...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani