Help!!! Brake shoes from hell!

I am so hoping that someone can help me. I own a 76 VW Trike. The engine is out of a 76 VW Beetle and I thought that the rearend was too.

Here is my problem, I have no rear brakes at all. My rear brake shoes are down to the metal. I ordered what I thought was the right shoes (ones for a '76 beetle) and they are too wide. The length is correct, but the width isn't. I need a shoe that measures 9.06 X 1 3/16 the only brake shoes I can find measure 9.06" X 1.57. I am thinking that maybe they used a different VW rearend just have no idea what kind. Would anyone know what kind of a rearend would take those kind of brake shoes? Or where I could find them? I am desprate! Thanks so much!

Reply to
Jennie

Not sure, as I don't have any old shoes handy, but you may need the brake shoes for an early Bug...say from around '60-'64. I believe they were thinner than the later ones.

Jennie wrote:

Reply to
Dane Tyler

Dane is correct; you need an earlier year.

'65 thru '67 models used 30mm (1.181") rear shoes. In '68 it went to 40mm (1.574").

Reply to
Speedy Jim

You need the 67 and back shoe set, was part # 111 698 051A. They were 230x30mm. Fit up to 117 999

000

From 118 000 001, the shoes are 230x40mm. 113 698 075

Reply to
Karl

Thank you so very much!!! I found them and they are going to work great!!!!! On the road again :-)

Reply to
Jennie