Oh Oh, I smell enron fumes

Just heard on the morning news that we should expect gas prices to soar this summer. They said the good news is no shortages are predicted so we should still plan our vacations but expect to pay as high as $3.00 per gal in certain areas. .....$2.00 will be low. It is bullshit but with some more truths than we are used to. Kinder, more gentle bullshit in my opinion.

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Dennis Wik) wrote in news:683-403B6161-156 @storefull-3195.bay.webtv.net:

Gas prices are BS in every way. I wish I was smart enough to convert my autos to non-gas burners. I want an alternative! Most all my autos get in the 25mpg range and it still hurts to hand over so much of my pay for fuel consumption.

Alcohol Electric Hydrogen Pedals Wind Biodiesel Move closer to work and walk quit work Telecommute ( Company thinks this is BS and will not support )

This is one person who is ready to give the Oil Co's the Tim Finger!!!!!!

Reply to
TerryB

Man, soon you'll have the same fuel prices as here in Europe! I pay 1.09 euros/l which about $5.3/gal!

I think the conversion to lpg is quite easy to make (never done myself, though), and although it's also oil based fuel, should be far cheaper. Regarding methanol, aren't some drag bugs running on methanol? anybody knows anything about this fuel?

Ant

TerryB wrote in this friggin' newsgroup:

Reply to
Ant

I've been a telecommuter for 10 years and it works very very well depending on your job. I'm a computer nerd.

Randy

RSMEINER

It is BS. I have decided that instead of a new pickup this year, I am going to buy a used Dodge diesel just to get better mileage and towing than a new gas that I had planned on. There is no reason that gas mileage should be this bad nor gas this high. I am beginning to wonder if energy fuels should be in the hands of private companies considering they can influence policies of nations, wars, and general control of world policies. Enough is enough!

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

.....................Here it is. Back by special request.........use it wisely.

__ /'_/) ,/_ / / / /'_'/' '/'_'7, /'/ / / /" ('( ' ' _~/ \ '\ '' \ _7 \ ( \ \.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

That big-ass diesel can get mileage as good as the typical ACVW - while towing five of them!

Reply to
jjs

Actually, as far as oil is concerned, it's hard to separate government from private industry - they are that highly cooperative and commingled. US government money pays to protect that oil so that the price is artificially low. Every president has known that and made it so. It's just this current administration that is so utterly stupid that they pushed it way beyond reasonable grounds as shown in the Enron scandal, among others. Our VP is out of control and Bush has no control. So there you have it - private businesses being as evil as humans can be, and a government too stupid to know to check it.

If private industry alone, with no help from the military ran our oil business, we would be paying what it is really worth, about $5.50US a gallon. At that price, the whole friggin country would be radicalized - maybe to some sensible level.

Our European friends know this already.

Reply to
jjs

Counting on your fingers again, Tim? That's the number brain cells Bush has, right?

Reply to
jjs

that's still VERY CHEAP!! :-P

-- Howard Rose '66 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe '62 Austin Mini Deluxe '64 Austin Mini Super Deluxe

Howard Rose

Hey now, you could poke someones eye out with that thing. Is it loaded ?

Randy

RSMEINER

Gas prices are gonna go nowhere but UP! The oil producing and refining interests KNOW they have U.S. all by the short and curlies, and they are gonna nail us for every nickel and dollar they can.

If ya don't wanna pay into it, stop driving!

I wish I could!!

John Kuthe...

Reply to
John Kuthe

....................No.......It's the number of old fart bikers who soiled their depends undergarments when they saw me overtaking them in my Japanese truck this afternoon................lol

Reply to
Tim Rogers

HARH! Last bikes - R100rs set up for the Autobahn. Could rarely use 5th gear, then the Ducati 900ss. Pass me? In your Honda Dream. (Don't worry. Nobody's gonna get that one.)

Reply to
jjs

Reply to
Braukuche

I had to laugh when the IRS gave special status to SUVs for business purposes as if they were really trucks. The real estate agents are fighting to line up for the high-end luxury SUVs now!

Reply to
jjs

During the 70's gas shortage when gas prices were skyrocketing, people were dumping their gas guzzling V8 hogs in droves. I remember when the value of those cars plummeted to practically pennies on the dollar at that time. People were trading in their SS 396 Chevelles for Pintos. The question is how much will the Yuppies pay to drive their 13mpg SUVs before they say enough is enough. Bill Berckman Cincinnati VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show Pictures

Bill Berckman

Where I live, the status symbol among real estate agents is to drive either a Cadallac or a Lincoln with one of those fake convertible tops. Bill Berckman Cincinnati VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show Pictures

Bill Berckman

A tasteless bunch, aren't they?

Reply to
jjs

I did. Funny John....*8-} Can I have bikes for 305 Alex?

-- the Grokdoc Tom Malmevik EK III & Thumper Ride w/me all that groks is god BS# 139 DOF# 69

Reply to
Thomas Malmevik