Ready to sell our 71 Camper, where best to place an ad?

After 20 or so years, I think we're ready to say good-bye to the ol' gal, while she's still running well and looking pretty good from her last extreme makeover. Problem is we don't know best way to pass the word. We live in Florida's west coast: would the local paper be best, or are there websites for VW classifieds that see a lot of action from potential buyers? Do people shop for these vintage buses outside their own areas? Any leads will be appreciated. I'd hate to miss responses with good info., so please email us directly if you can. ( snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net) Thanks.

Reply to
Olga DuMouchel

You can post an ad for free on

which gets a lot of traffic. Having sold a '68 Westy recently, I can tell you that they do not sell for a whole lot of money, unless there is something really unique about them. If it were a '67 on down camper it would spark a whole lot more international interest. I posted my Bus on the Samba site and ended up selling it to a guy from LA (I live in San Diego) who was Japanese and was likely buying it to sell it in Japan. I got $3700 for my BTW, and I was the second owner, with an all original interior and all the equipment intact.

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche

Try posting it both ways, heck Sambas free as are a few other sites, just remeber there are plenty of stupid scams going on so don't belive some of the offers you get.

West coast of FL you say? If we buy the 29k og mile "thing" we are looking at tommorow, my 71' westy will go up on the chopping block FS too. A little competition :) (west coast south of Tampa here) Mark Detro Englewood, FL

Reply to
Mark Detro

Try ebay..... I've sold 2 vehicles through ebay now. If there are people out there who will buy vehicles I've worked on for a hobby then.... You get the picture.

Reply to
Shaggie

I've been Volksless for over a year now and I've been thinking of a 71 Westy. Email me the specifics....Thanks,

John

Reply to
dragoneyre