repairing damaged chrome

Has anyone had experience repairing chrome scratches, pits, rust damage with a method other than rechroming the part? I discovered this cheap electro plating tool which may be worth a try.

Anybody used this before? I'd like to hear your opinions/experiences.

Reply to
bokuglen

I have not, but was intriqued by a method described by Jan A in the following thread:

(basically do a google search for "tin foil chrome" and you'll find it, in case my link is bugus)

Remco

Reply to
Remco

Works a treat. Had some poor excuses for bumpers last year. Brought them up a treat. You need loads of tinfoil though, and tough fingertips :-)

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

Where does one buy tin foil?

-- Christian

Reply to
CMM

I just take some off my special hat I use to call the mothership. It hasn't affected the hat's performance yet. :)

Reply to
Remco

any grocery store!!

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

They only sell aluminum foil at my grocery store...

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Seriously this time: Tin foil is just the word a lot of people use to describe aluminum (aluminium) foil.

Reply to
Remco

Okay, that's cool. I didn't want to assume and end up wasting time with something that wasn't going to do any good.

I knew a guy who referred to aluminum foil as tinafoil.

-- Christian

Reply to
CMM