The elbows for that air thing under the hood

I am in the midst of replacing my dash. I haven't decided with what yet, but I have peeled off the ugly cracked (and low quality) vinyl slap-over replacment. In the process I decided this would be a good time to take care of my cracked up and equally low quality air vent parts. But I can't find them, and I don't know what to call them.

I need help identifying these parts, or giving them a name. Your help is appreciated. :-)

I have found the plastic inserts that fit into the top of the dash, and put air onto the windshield. But the plastic "elbows" that the vent inserts snap into, I have not. What do you call those? I have turned through a couple catalogs and searched online. Can't find them anywhere! I have only ever had one of them, and the other was missing when I bought the car.

For that matter, what do you call the large tank that allows fresh air into the front of the car, and also empties out the water that pours off the window? I would call it "fresh air intake", but I guess I would be wrong. ;-)

Thanks!

-Ray Dios Haque

Reply to
Ray Dios Haque

I assume you have a beetle. What year?

-

Jim Adney

Woops! It's the little details, eh? I have a 1968 VW Beetle.

Maybe I should yank out the one I do have, and take a photo of it to pass around. "Have you seen one of these?".

-Ray

Reply to
Ray Dios Haque

BFY obsolete parts' catalog has a page pretty much dedicated to venting stuff. Clear pictures with names and prices. If you want to have a look at the page, I could scan it in and post it somewhere.

Remco

Reply to
Remco

Actually, you clued me in. I found it on the BFY web site. Never heard of this place. I may be doing some other shopping here. Thanks for the reference!

Here is the URL for anyone else that may come across this later, or is also looking for obsolete stuff.

-Ray

Reply to
Ray Dios Haque