the loss of 2 vw shops

In just a few months time I have heard of 2 VW shops lost do to fire. first was a few months ago in Binghamton NY (near my home town) called Luthars Auto House.I was told about a dozen older VW's were lost when the shop burnt to the ground.

The 2nd was in Carrboro NC about 30 miles from me, witch had a fire a week ago Not sure but it had to do with the propane tank on a vanagon westy. Not sure how much damage or the loss.

My thoughts are with everyone involed

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

See what happens when witches have fires. Maybe it was the Blair Witch.

Reply to
Eddie

2 shops burned that close together in that short of time ? Sounds to me like someone learned how to use matches.
Reply to
Randy

in Binghamton NY (near my home town) called

I can't believe you would take something so tragic and try to twist it on me.

try reading the shops are 600+ miles apart

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

Did I mention your name Bondo Boy ? Getting a little parnoid ?

Reply to
Randy

carborro is responsible. i'm very careful when it comes to welding, I have more fire extinguishers handy then required (lol if thats possible)

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

grade school?

carborro is responsible. i'm very careful when it comes to welding, I have more fire extinguishers handy then required (lol if thats possible)

Didn't know that bondo burned. And from all those pictures, didn't know you could weld.

Reply to
Randy

bondo is very flamable

and when welding on car sheet metal you have to be careful so not to warp the metal around it.

So because I also do the finish work I weld the panels so there is no more then a skim coat.

you can see that I go from start to finish on the restorations thats what takes talent, And there are many awards to prove it

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

sorry, the pics of Joan's car don't show a skim coat....they show a slathering of mud...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Geez, what a dumb ass. I was being real sarcastic. Oh and now you have many awards for your talent ? Bullshit is the only word that comes to mind.

Reply to
rjmacres

and everyone wonders why no one comes to a tech help news group any more.

as far as the awards i'm willing to bet I have 10 in my break room, do you have the balls to back your mouth

if so you promise to donate $100 dollars to the charity of my choice if I prove it with a picture tomorrow or just STFU already.

Reply to
Kafertoys

i have ten or more "awards" for when i was racing circle track...but know what? i wasn't that good....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Mario, stop feeding the trolls. Just let it go. Can we all be drinking buddies? Doubt it, but there's good common ground.

And to everyone else, behave a bit and suck it up for now.

This right here is the beginning of the end of unmoderated forums. It happens all the time. USENET is dying if not already dead because of this stuff. Over on alt.guitar.amp (that I haven't read in years and don't want to) a flame war lasted nearly 2 years with/against a guy called LordValve. It got pretty bad. That and all the spam bait political blah that was so OT it was pathetic. People had to start their subject line with '!ON TOPIC!' to make it through noise.

Is this the beginning of the end in here too? "Can't we all just.. get along?"

Jack is my hero.

David Gravereaux

You're calling /us/ trolls? LMAO! That's comedy.

Reply to
Remco

Reply to
John

Problem Solvers is NOT an award...

Getting taken to court is NOT an award

Getting known through out the VW hobby world as a loser a POOR speller is NOT an award

and you didnt finish Joans car. oh yeah... that wasn't a real restoration. real restorations get the rust REMOVED!

That was no where near show quality as you claim. It looked like a high school kid back yard bondo job.

Reply to
dragenwagen

Folks, I have been in RAMVA for years, dropped out for a while, but lurked back. I must agree with David and John.

My heart goes out to Joan, and if I do sell one of my bugs I am tempted to document all the flaws and the pluses, and try to contact her to see if she might want to purchase it at a discount.

Mario has provided some accurate and constructive responses to inquiries to the group.

Anger and hatred can so consume a person that they themselves are warped by it. Somebody had a good suggestion that you could put links in your tag line if you feel it is important to continue to educate folks who might not otherwise go back in the archives and see what has gone before. Ex from Scott H:

?section=troubleshooter&id=5665438
But lets please stop the flame wars.

KWW '63/65 "Frankenbeetle" "Jenny the IOC" - daily driver for 5 years '64 (My next project)

Reply to
Kirk

I second that motion! I agree lets stop this flaming! The flamers are becoming worse than who/what they are flaming, at least to me here in this group. At least don't make someone that famous/infamous by stretching a small thread and making a gigantic rope out of it trying to hang someone. It is NOT working and it ain't worth it. Everyone here already knows people's opinions about this subject and some don't want to hear it over and over and over and over again. Don't give the flame-e any more power! It is best to ignore people that you don't like than constantly think about them and expressing your opinions ALL OF THE TIME!

Just warn the newbies please! AND once only! If you want start up a group dealing with Trashing Scammers and take your opinions there so that all that want to read about Scammers can go there and enjoy posting their opinions! That should make this group more enjoyable for almost everyone again!

JMHO later, dave (> Folks, I have been in RAMVA for years, dropped out for a while, but lurked

Reply to
one out of many daves

Thats because of people like you lurking about

Are these awards that you stole or bought someplace ? Got proof that these awards are yours ? You can buy all sorts of awards at thrift stores. You probably have a best customer award from a bondo company.

Charity of your choice would probably be your own pocket.

Reply to
rjmacres

That's what I've been tryong to say...

Trolling? Sure thing, when you keep yelling at him and questioning his work, he will reply. Like any of us. Stop trolling.

Jan

Reply to
Jan