True about Phillips gas? <OT>

My local station here in GA (his name really is Bubba) has a note on the register stating that when we buy Phillips, we're buying American gas ONLY. Not a protectionist, but I would prefer to give Americans $, all other factors being equal...

Reply to
pmbedard

If that's the phillips oil company I know (Conoco / Phillips) , then he knows something the Phillips company doesn't know. They have sites all over the world and nowhere in their public record do they make such a claim.

Reply to
jjs

.....................It's a cheap marketing trick.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Speaking of gas, the price was around $1.46 3 weeks or so ago, and today I saw it for $1.73 for reg, and 1.93 for the Suburbans and Durangos.

If a Beetle gets 30 mpg on regular gas and a Suburban gets 13 mpg on premium driving 15000 miles a year, you would save $1370 per year by driving the the Beetle. at todays prices.

Bill Berckman Cincinnati VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures

Bill Berckman

Quit complaining about prices! In the UK we pay the equivalent of nearly $5 a gallon! (I just worked this out).

Graham

Reply to
Graham Dinsdale

True - but a "cross-country" trip sure uses alot less gas.

Jere

Reply to
vikingfann

in article bvqfhv$2jdv$ snipped-for-privacy@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk, Graham Dinsdale at snipped-for-privacy@hehe.com wrote on 2/4/04 1:55 AM:

The English Imperial galoon is 1/5th more than ours.

-Rich

Reply to
Richard Golding

1 gallon [UK] = 1.2009499 gallon [US, liquid] 1 gallon [US, liquid] = 0.8326742 gallon [UK]
Reply to
EuroBug

1 gallon [US, liquid] = 3.7854118 liter What is the going rate per liter in the UK?
Reply to
EuroBug

I used the litre to US gallon conversion of: 1 gallon(US) = 3.785litres. The going rate is about 70 pence a litre (i.e. £0.7) If you run the numbers as follows:

70 pence times 3.785 = cost per US gallon in UK pounds = £2.64

Then use a currency conversion site such as

to convertthis to dollars. It comes out at about $4.85 Graham

Reply to
Graham Dinsdale