Single dbl barrel Weber 40 IDF vs stock 34-PICT3

Hey all,

I got a line on a Weber IDF (dbl barrel) single carb setup with heated manifold and filter.

Is it worth swapping this into my [basically] stock 1660 DP engine (currently breathing through a somewhat tired 34-PICT3 Solex)?

Will the gains be worth the effort?

The IDF has no choke but that shouldn't be too big an issue since I only drive the car in the summer months (it's currently tucked away for the winter - under about 3 feet of snow!.)

Since the Solex is getting tired and in need of a major rebuild, I'm tempted to go with the single Weber setup.

Thanks in advance....

Reply to
Canuck V'dubber

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 23:58:09 GMT, Canuck V'dubber ran around screaming and yelling:

in my opinion NO(from previous experience with a larger than stock single carb setup) JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

It will work, but be prepared to spend a lot of time re-jetting it. Same with any non-stock carb.

Maybe replace the removable ventui with the smnallest one available, for good low end driveability. Change the main jet accordingly. The heated manifold is a must.

I ran a similar Dellorto solution for years in different types of engines, and it does work ok. Heat is a must, I had none and it did suffer a little from manifold icing.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson