VW Parts Available

While we aren't VW Bug suppliers per se', we do have many parts, tools and services available to the VW owner.

We build Formula Vee and Formula First engines and race cars.

We carry most all parts for 1200 and 1600 VW engines and do rebuilds. Plus, many other Race Components, Safety Equipment, lubricants, Gauges, Data Acquisition, etc.

Since the Formula Vee engine is based upon the 1192 engine, we have lots of used and new parts not always available elsewhere. (28 PCI carbs, cylinders sets, etc.) Of course we have all the 1600 Components also. This includes front suspension components and most drivetrain items. If you are interested in Formula Vee, Formula First, or need a part try us. We may be able to help.

Sorry, I know this is spam but we a we not really advertising here since we aren't a real Bug supplier, but do have many parts that may be hard to find and good prices.

Jim SR Racing

If you are remotely interested in Formula First Racing here is more info:

Jim

Hi Jim and welcome.

I thought Vee was almost dead? A couple of people maybe taking their cars out on a track once a year for a show & tell, and the rest remain garaged or in a museum... that's how it is in Finland anyway where I'm from :*) It was at it's peak before my time.

I'd appreciate it if you could give us here an inside scoop, let us know what's going on in the Vee world today. I know the rules are pretty much the same as they were some 20 years ago, right?

I'd like to know where it's still active and get a feel to how big it is today. I hardly ever hear anything Vee related.

Jan

Jim kirjoitti:

Reply to
Jan

Jim,

Post on samba, there should be a few people who would be interested, recently somebody was asking about formula vee for sale, and I bet there must be interest in parts as well.

Regards, Ant> Hi Jim and welcome.

Reply to
anton

Jim:

I remember you from 5 or 6 years ago when you used to post. If I remember right you are from Lexington KY. I am a couple of hours away in Cincinnati.

Jim wrote:

Reply to
Bill Berckman

It's still pretty popular here. In most parts of the US 15 to 20 car fields are typical. The rules have creeped a little. It's still based upon the stock 40HP engine, but we are now getting about 58 hp and 6600 RPM. However things like the drum brakes and T1 trans have remained.

There is a upgraded class that we started about 3 years ago that is catching on pretty big in the central US. "Formula First". 1600 engines, with disk brakes, rack and pinion, Formula Ford Tires and wheels. etc. Quite a bit faster than the FV's and all the parts are readily available (at lower prices). Cars weigh 1100 lbs with about 80HP and pull up to 1.7 g's. BTW, FV or a derivation of it is very popular in much of Europe and even more so in Aus and NZ.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Yes, that was us. Still in Lexington.