1982 240 volvo DL won't start

my volvo had a funny noise comming from in front of the rear driver side tire, later that noise stoped and mow the car won't start. what could be this problem be please help, also the starter is turning over so battery is ruled out, could it be a fuel flow problem?

Reply to
David

Thats where the main fuel pump is located. Probably failing. Try giving it light therapy with a rubber mallet while energized. It my start up and let you drive to a place to have it replaced. (this worked for me) Replacement is a DIY job if you have some mechanical skills. Pump from Groton $150 Pump from OEM or repair shop $350

Howard

Reply to
Howard Nelson

Or in my case, pump was $8.50 from a junkyard, the downside is I'm not sure precisely how old it is but I've seen recently replaced ones a couple times.

Reply to
James Sweet