1997 V70 with SC-802 - upgrade options ?

I have just bought the above with the SC-802 and was looking for some parts to upgrade the radio/cassette to a CD player.

I guess there is possibly a plug-in multi-changer but I really wanted a single CD player in the dash.

Can anyone tell me what units will simply swap with the SC-802 and what to look for if there are several ?

Or if anyone has e.g. a SC-805 for sale please let me know and the price ....

Thanks,

Nick

Reply to
Nick

They show up regularly on ebay.

Reply to
Arnold

Hi Arnold

Thanks for the reply - are you confirming that the SC-805 will be a straight swap, both mechanically and electrically ?

Thanks,

Nick

Reply to
Nick

Hi Nick, take a look at this link, it shows a SC-816 from the seller's add "is dark gray and was designed for All S70 models, but will also fit Volvo

960 Series 1994-1997, Volvo 850 1993-1997 and Volvo S90 1998 only." I have a 2000 V70 T5, and this is the radio I have.

Arnold

Make sure when you buy a used 816 (excellent, got one in my V70) that you get the code.

Richard Web pages:

- caravanning,
- personal web site and
I loves the domain name for email.

Reply to
Richard Cole

Hi Guys, Thanks for the link and the tip on getting the code - I am a little bit concerned about a US market set as I am not sure if the spec is compatible with UK radio channel spacings (on AM) or other specs I don't even know about. I will make some enquiries Thanks again,

Nick

Reply to
Nick