850, strange sound only when turning to the right!

Hi, May be someone had had the same experience with volvo 850 from 1995 (v10). The problem is that when I turn to the right a strange sound come from the front of the car and it fades out when I drive strait again. It happens after 10 minutes of highway driving or when the car is worm. Its very hard to exactly locate the source of it and its much harder to describe it. The 'sound' sounds like a football whistle but much softer.

Anybody has an idea?

thanks in advance. Husam Alwan

Reply to
Husam

"...when the car is worm." ? digging in the ground? ;-)

If the sound is oscillating like a teacher's whistle look under the car around the nose section and wheel wells for loose or missing fasterners or tabs holding the various plastic panels and covers. These will flap in the wind and create sounds like you describe. The turning of the wheel might make the air deflect differently causing it to happen.

__ __ Randy & \ \/ /alerie's \__/olvo '93 960 Estate

Reply to
Randy G.

Thanks for the reply, I will check the things you suggested.

Husam Alwan

Reply to
Husam Alwan