Dicky brakes

My 740 1990 turbo had issues with the brakes . After replacing the master cylinder the brakes would suddenly go almost to the floor . Removing the master cylinder from the booster seemed to fix the issue so after bleeding and bleeding every where including the ABS it seemed to return when it felt like it . Even the local brake store were perplexed . It was rust on the shaft between the booster and the master cylinder . Once this was removed and polished as well as greased all is well. Last night at our Volvo car club meeting I mentioned it as I walked in the President said oh that's rust on the shaft on the booster straight off. Amazing stuff . Just shows some of the benefits of being a club member. GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS HERE IN VICTORIA AU.

Reply to
John Robertson