Door post hinge needs welding T5

Has anybody had any problems with the drivers door hinge cracking away from the support post. This has happened twice to me the first time I had it welded at a local garage and it lasted about two years but now it has gone again and needs re-welding, is this a common problem with Volvo? Mine is a

1994 850 T5 Estate. Another garage has quoted me £85 to take the door off and re-weld is this reasonable? Any helpful advice would be most welcome. TIA Dave.
Reply to
Hangonamo

Yes this is a common problem usually caused by the door check or stay failing from lack of lube the rollers get stiff & more force is required to close door causing over time for the mounting on the body to break Volvo does not have any official fix for this

Reply to
G Klein

Yup. Had an 850 and a V70 go this way.

And no recall on it, b@stards!