door hinge pin

Can anyone tell me whats involved in putting a upper door hinge pin on a 65' Bug ? I am told I need to change the pin to the threaded type to be able to put a mirror on the passengers side. Does the door have to come off, or can the pin be knocked out from the bottom while its on the car ? Thanks, Terry.

Reply to
Terry

All I know (from earlier discussions here) is that it is a real pain to get out. Something about using a special chisel pointed airhammer, elbow grease and a first born child. :)

Reply to
Michael Cecil

John Henry site

has a suggestion on how to do it

- you'll have to look for it, though. It is there somewhere but couldn't find it this quickly. He modified an air chisel tip to rattle it out.

Reply to
Remco