door hinge question

Hello all.

1981 F150. The "S" shaped pin on the upper driver's door hinge broke this week. Can I replace just this pin or must the whole hinge be replaced, and any leads on where to get this part? I'm looking for new. Thanks in advance,

Gary in NC

Reply to
gcroix

Where ya at in NC?

You can find 'em in the help section at Advance or AutoZone.

They make a tool to flex the "S" shaped spring to put it back in, but you can make do with vise grips.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Thanks, I'll look for that spring. I love the truck. I knew the spring was on the way to breaking, but I was still bummed when it happend.

I'm in Elizabeth City. You're in the triad huh? Duke, UNC, or State?

Reply to
gcroix

Blue Dev's brother, the WolfPack a very close second, then ECU, then anybody playing the TarHeels except Notre Dame.

....and I'm in Thomasville/High Point area.

Later,

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Ha. I married into this NC family. wife loves UNC, her bro loves State, the dad loves Duke.

Reply to
gcroix