fuel relay

What are the symptoms of a faulty fuel relay please .Had new pump new primary tank pump fuses for both redone as holders melted .so I suspect the relay may have had undue heat from all the extra current needed for the primary and main pump .Resoldered all the relays contacts .The electrical contacts on the transmission lock out at the side under the gear stick cover have been cleaned as well .Have I missed any thing ?.BOY IT SURE IS HARD TO KEEP THE FUEL IN THE TANK DOWN UNDER IT POURS OUT UPWARDS .....

Reply to
John Robertson

Hi John.

I don't know which problems youy ar efacing, but here are moe of my expeirnces with my 480 Turbo. Apparently the Fuel Pump Relay on this model also controls the A/C unit. The problem I came across was that the relay does not shut off when I turn the enigine off and takle the keys out, thus discharges the battery. Out of curiosity I opened the relay and discovered that it is a quite complex unit. Not only a relay. I noticed that the contacts on the relay's - and + were dark and that the plastic around them showed sign ofg high temperatures. I am waiting for a new relay, wherefore I cannot give you the result of mounting a new relay. Don't know if this helped you at all. If you know anyone who have encountered the same problems, please reply.

"John Robertson" skrev i en meddelelse news:40ff7a82$0$25458$ snipped-for-privacy@news.optusnet.com.au...

Reply to
df

Reply to