installation of rocker panel trim

Volvo 93 240 Wagon- Just recieved rocker panel trim section for the driver side. It's the long piece of thin trim that runs the length of the entire side of the car. Goes right beneath both doors from quarter panel to quarter panel. Came with 13 clips, but I can;t figure out how to install. I was told that you attache the clips to the back of the trim peice, then push into the holes in the car. Makes sense, but I can't see how to attach the clips to the trim. Probably my ineptness. Can anyone help?

Reply to
metsfan

First you put the clips in the holes in the rocker panel. The tap the post that is protruding from the clip lightly with a hammer until the top of the post is flush with the rest of the clip. Repeat above 12 more times. Snap the trim onto the clips. They hold very tightly, and some of the clips break during removal.

Reply to
Mike F