S70 Bilstein replacement

Has anyone had Bilsteins installead in the front? If so, do you know if the struts came with new "spanner nuts". I had someone take out my springs/struts to replace the spring seats in my 1998 which has Bilsteins. They guy told me it had the dreaded cross shaped spanner nuts still. I thought those would have been replaced with the nuts that came with the Bilsteins.

Anyhow, he said these are a B#)%($%$ to take off. I was there when the suspension shop took off the spanner nuts. These non Volvo guys took an impact hammer to the nut and got it off.

Grr, I should have left the Volvo sport suspension struts there. I thought Bilsteins would be nice at the time. Bad decision.

How bad would putting OEM shocks in the front and keeping the rear Bilsteins be? Is that just plain idiotic? I wouldn't mind a more plush ride than what I have now.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (M) wrote in news:mchiu0324-0308062313100001@192.168.2.2: I put Bilstein shocks all around my 98 S70 and it firmed up the ride considerably. This must have been before the x spanner nuts because the shop that did the work didn't complain.

If you wish a softer ride then remove the B's and live with the front suspension slamming against the limits every timne you encounter a little bump in the road. Can't have it both ways.

Reply to
Ted Scherbel