2000 Passat Check engine light problem

I have a 2000 Passat 1.8L turbo 5spd FWD with a check engine light came on and the dash display says emission workshop. I have a friend with a scanner that it says Code P1128 we clear the code but it comes back on. We looked around for something clearly wrong but all we could find maybe wrong was a crack vacuum line on the fuel pressure regulator. No other vacuum leaks it runs to smoothly and it only has 28K Miles on it.

Any help would be great thanks.

Reply to
Eddie DeStafney

Alec

Vacuum leak or faulty MAF!

Reply to
Woodchuck

How can you test the MAF what are some Vaules???

Thanks Eddie

Reply to
Eddie DeStafney

according to a few posts and our indy garage mech. who read the codes and has had numerous people come in w/ the same thing ,says wait till the ethanol is stopped being added to the gasoline after winter and see what happens

Reply to
RLGIRSCH

Do you have a scanner that can read the block values, such as Ross-tech?

Reply to
Woodchuck

No I don't have a scanner are there some vaules out there I can read with an Omh Gauge.

Thanks

Reply to
Eddie DeStafney

It's practically garanteed to be the MAF. By the way the warranty on the MAFs was extended to 7 years, 70,000 miles. To really test you need a better scaner like VAG-COM and need to run some test blocks. A regular OBD-II scanner will not cut it.

Reply to
Alex

Thanks For the help I'll ask the VW Dealer about the Warenty.

Reply to
Eddie DeStafney

No, you need a scanner that can read the fuel trim data which tells you if you got a vacuum leak or bad MAF!

Reply to
Woodchuck