Cabrio, Heat, and the Check Light

I've searched the posts and have not found a specific reference to this issue. The 'Check Light' keeps coming on in our '99 Cabrio but only under hot conditions. After a couple of stops and restarts on hot days, the light will pop on and stay on until the car sits and really gets cool (usually overnight).

Is this a problem of an overly sensitive monitoring system or is it trying to tell us that there _really_ is a problem?

We've had the car to the dealer & a local independent shop but no one has really given us a clear explaination of what's happening.

Thanks for any info, thoughts, or suggestions.

JD

Reply to
JD